Monday, September 23, 2013

A reason for it all

In a conversation today a significant event in Kaylana's life was discovered. In eighth grade there was an Art teacher who was not able to engage my daughter in her class. This resulted in two parent teacher meetings (joy).
During one of the meetings the teacher informed us that if Kaylana continued to fail the class she would not make anything out of herself in life.that eventually file bankruptcy. I was so taken back and angry that I did not say anything.
At the same time Kaylana was becoming so involved in basketball that I think it bothered me more than it did her.
That year Kaylana played basketball and then helped run stats and help mentor the younger players as they began their season.
I wonder if her love of photography would have been discovered if this teacher had been allowed to impact her creative side!!
What a thought!!! I love basketball and now I have one more reason!!

No comments:

Post a Comment