Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Singing with woodland creatures

There is a scene in Snow White where she is singing and happy, all the birds and woodland animals surround her to enjoy the way she embraces the day.
I wake up like that, every morning, ask my daughter, it drives her nuts. No matter what is going on in my life I approach a new day with the belief it will be a good one.
It takes a serious amount of crap for me to end up feeling like the evil step mother, mirror mirror on the wall, with hands outstretched offering the poison apple so Snow White can suffer and be as miserable as she feels in her cold heart.
Today lived up to that horrible image.
If I could change anything it would be having more balance, I get so bogged down by the negativity around me but to not care when things are so terribly wrong, to want to fight for solutions and change is who I am. 
So tomorrow I sing with the birds and frolick with the squirrels and hope that feeling lasts just a little longer than it did the day before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment